For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998, the data controller is Shareagift Limited (company number 07596931) of Mountview Court, London N20 0RA.
We may collect the following data about you:
Information we collect if you are a visitor to the Site:
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
- All details provided by you if you complete any surveys that we use for research purposes;
- Any information you provide when you report a problem with the Site or report any unacceptable content on the Site; and details of your visits to the Site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, and other communication data, the resources that you access and the pages that you visit.
All Page Creators:
- your title, name, email address, telephone number (if given), and password and any other details provided by you in the registration form.
- Any photograph or other information you provide to set up a Shareagift page for display on that Shareagift page.
- Details of your PayPal account to which contributions should be sent by us when you click “Collect Funds” on your Shareagift Bank Account page. This information is disclosed by us to PayPal or our bank in order that we can instruct them to transfer your contributions to your registered PayPal account when you click “Collect Funds” (or when we otherwise transfer contributions to your PayPal account) or to return contributions to your contributors get in touch with us directly. We do not share this information with anyone else other than our group companies or any service provider who has a need to know such information for the operation of our Site and its associated services.
Contributors to any Shareagift page
In addition to the information we collect from visitors to the Site:
- your name, email address, telephone number (if given), and password and any other details provided by you in the registration form. Your name will always be disclosed to the Page Creator so that he or she can thank you for your contribution. In addition, if you contribute through a Shareagift page, your name and message you submit will be displayed on the Shareagift page.
- We need your email address to confirm your contribution, to deal with any problems or queries and to send details when all contributions have been collected by the Page Creator or in the event of any refund of contributions. Please note that your email address may have already been provided to us by a Page Creator in order to send you an invitation in their name to become a contributor to their Shareagift page. For further details see Invitations to Contributors below.
Sharing information on the Site
The Site and each Shareagift page is publicly available and can be accessed by everyone on the Internet, and can be indexed by third party search engines and imported, exported, distributed, and redistributed by us and others without privacy limitations. Such information may also be associated with you, including your name and picture, even outside Shareagift, such as on public search engines and when you visit other sites on the internet.
If you are a Page Creator, you must ensure that any information you provide on your Shareagift page about the recipient of your gift does not disclose any personal information about that person (in particular, their address, email address, telephone number or any personal details). If you use a photograph of the recipient you must have the consent of the recipient to do so. We may remove any content or information which you provide which we feel does not comply with these provisions.
Invitations to Contributors
If you are a Page Creator, you may provide email addresses to us (manually or by uploading your address book) so that we may send an invitation to them in your name to register as a contributor on your Shareagift page. Unless the invitation recipient has indicated that it does not want to receive further emails, we will send a number of reminders to them. All email addresses provided by you must be to people you know and who you have good reason to believe will wish to register as a contributor to your Shareagift page. All such invitations will include an unsubscribe link for the invitee to use in which case we will delete the invitee’s email address from the Shareagift page. If you upload your address book or manually insert email addresses, we may contact these potential invitees by email providing them with details about the Site and its services. All such emails will contain an unsubscribe link.
We may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on your browser or the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They help us to improve the Site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. Some of the cookies we use are essential for the Site to operate.
Cookies are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the Site.
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites click here
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be handled by PayPal. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of the Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from the Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer or access device.
- To provide you with information and services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To facilitate payments through our payment processing providers;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 50 women aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, men in [region]). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers' wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Shareagift Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers and Site users will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions and other agreements; or
- To protect the rights, property, or safety of Shareagift Limited, our customers, or Site users or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection or in relation to money laundering investigations.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at Shareagift Limited, 37 Warren Street, London W1T 6AD or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from other websites, including those of any of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Deletion of Information
Other than any of your information which we reasonably believe we must retain for legal, accounting or regulatory purposes, we may delete any Shareagift page within a reasonable time after request by you.